Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sing Choirs of Angels!

Before I close out 2010 on my blog I must include the joy I felt in leading our ward choir for our Christmas program this year! This was my fourth program, so I am on borrowed time for a possible fifth program, yet I find myself already planning music and looking forward to the next Christmas Choir! Not only is it a wonderful experience because the December choir is so well supported, everyone happy and willing to sing in it (although some only come to one practice!), but the music is DIVINE! It inspires and lifts us. I absolutely love leading the choir as it is the best seat in the house with all voices aimed at the director! There was a sweet communion between all participants as we were blessed with the traditional "miracle" of sounding better than we are and remembering difficult parts. Ruth Swallow, our accompanist, is absolutely amazing, and I am so grateful for her! The greatest blessing was feeling how the music brought the Spirit of the Lord into our sacrament meeting. There were times when I had to choke down the tears. We All love that feeling! Leading the ward choir has been a wonderful blessing in my life for which I am grateful! I LOVE MY CALLING!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I agree with you Aunt Trudy. I was choir director in my last ward and it was one of my most favorite callings. Although it was sometimes stressful getting people there, they always pulled it together and I swear there were times when I couldn't explain the sounds that I was hearing, other than that angels must have joined in for the performance. There were times when it brought me to tears...which got the choir chocked up...which didn't turn out too good as you can imagine. Enojy it...I would LOVE to sing in your choir.