
Our family came HOME for New Year's! One morning of the entire week there was a five minute window for us to take this picture with Gramma and Grampa with all 18 grandchildren!!! The picture was perfect....everyone smiled so cute! I was filled with joy! and thought, "Since I failed to send out Christmas cards this year, I could send out a cute New Years card with this photo!" With Mindy's help we found a cute online card, but when Mindy tried to attach this photo, it said the resolution was too low. What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? I started to stress out! We checked my camera settings and sure enough, the setting was set to the lowet, email resolution. I panicked! The chance for a retake had fled as Julie and kids had dashed off to a pajama breakfast with friends. No other cameras snapped a shot. So what could have been a darling 8 x 10, a darling screen saver, and a great Christmas card is best at a small size, and blurry at that. And besides this, I must have had my camera on that setting for some time, even months! Oh, this age of technology can be frustrating.

With record high temperatures (though it doesn't look it in the pictures) of 50 degrees, we enjoyed the beautiful lights on Temple Square without freezing to death. We were not the only ones to take advantage of the "balmy" evening, but it was still very magical!

Girls slept on one side of the "rec" room and boys on the other. Well, sleep is an exaggeration. It was usually passed midnight before things settled down in the basement, and the adults never went to bed before 2:00 am!

We missed Mindy and David for our New Years Eve fondue dinner. (David worked that day so Mindy went back to Boise the day before.) It's always a fun event! The kids watched a movie in the basement and let us enjoy our meal and adult conversation. They were great.

After dinner we brought in the New Year at 10:00 for the littlest ones, got them to bed, and then Julie led us in a really fun round of Bunco. That took us right up to midnight, the dropping of the ball, and toasting in 2012!

The week went so well, and the cousins and siblings had a great time together. Today (1/2) I worked from morning till 10:30 pm putting Christmas away and cleaning house. I am more tired today than any day last week! Off to bed, tomorrow is our temple day!
No comments:
Post a Comment