Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Snow and Sunshine



Just wanted to post a few of our happenings. David took the kids to the ranch while I went to California. The kids had a ball snowmobiling and sledding. I think David was a brave (and wonderful) Daddy to take on the task of bringing the herd up to the ranch and driving a snowmobile around with 5 people on it!


We also enjoyed the spring weather like Ryan and Julie yesterday and went to a park for family night. We had a lesson on prayer and talked about when Nephi's bow broke and how he prayed for help to get food for his family. Sadie then showed us how she prays before each spelling test behind her private tri-folded poster on her desk. She didn't explain it---instead she demonstrated word for word one of her prayers. So cute. It feels good to know that our kids are learning and already know about the power of prayer.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Two extremes. Both look fun, but I think I am ready to be done with winter so hello park slides! I think David is a true trooper to take on all of the kids on his own! Maybe I'll invite him out here to help me out in April while Ryan is gone for nearly two full weeks (oh dread!). I told him he needs to save his money, because I will most likely need some major therapy when he gets home!

Trudy said...

David IS a super daddy!!! Actually, I'm impressed with all the daddies in our family! I think you're all pretty terrific!

And I agree with Julie, the snow day looks fun, but enough already! Bring on spring!
Thanks for sharing Sadie's prayer story! ...And she's been doing great on her spelling tests! Hugs and Kisses!