Every morning Sally and I would get up and dash down to the beach to look for agates at low tide! It was the best beach for agates that we had ever encountered! And so I have another bag of agates that I'm not sure what to do with, but can't help myself from gathering more. Sally, of course, got the best of the findings!
The rocky shoreline is a pretty sure sign that agates are present. We were NOT disappointed!
You would have to look very closely to see it, but there is a beautiful lighthouse on the point in the distance. The first morning I walked down that way, without my camera..to my frustration and dismay. The sun's angle, surf, moss covered cliffs...all was perfect, but you'll have to take my word for it.
Every afternoon we got in the car and found a spot to enjoy the surf for an hour or so. The car worked well as a wind breaker, and was warm and comfortable for me, but I soon headed down to the beach and was mesmorized by the beautiful ocean. I counted 9 breakers coming into shore at the same time! Unbelievably gorgeous!
You would have to look very closely to see it, but there is a beautiful lighthouse on the point in the distance. The first morning I walked down that way, without my camera..to my frustration and dismay. The sun's angle, surf, moss covered cliffs...all was perfect, but you'll have to take my word for it.
I love to explore and walk on the rocks...there is just no coast like the Oregon coast!
Every afternoon we got in the car and found a spot to enjoy the surf for an hour or so. The car worked well as a wind breaker, and was warm and comfortable for me, but I soon headed down to the beach and was mesmorized by the beautiful ocean. I counted 9 breakers coming into shore at the same time! Unbelievably gorgeous!
This is the beautiful scene we saw at Cape Foulweather. As you can see, the weather once again was anything but foul. Breathtaking!
Our week was also filled with much Laughter, Reminiscing, Yummy Food provided by sisters and wonderful restaurants, Playing games i.e. Quiddler, Bananas, and Five Crowns, Savoring Crab Cocktail, Shopping and Relaxing with hand projects or reading. We have such a great time together as sisters and treasure this time we have together. Thank you to Lorle for a wonderful week!
1 comment:
Glad you guys had fun. I always get jealous of my mom when she's on these trips, but at the same time I'm so happy for her that she gets to go on them because she always has such a great time.
Post a Comment