Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mothers' Day Weekend

We were so happy to share this day with Jamie and Michael and their family who had come to town for a retirement party for her Dad. Bill and I are usually alone on Mothers' and Fathers' Days and we watch from our kitchen window as our neighbor's children pull into their homes to celebrate the holidays together. We are not mopers, but it is way more fun to have family over, holiday or no holiday!


This morning before our late church we had a yummy brunch with strawberry crepes, mini quiches, deli cheeses, and honeydew melon. I would not have made something like that for just me and Bill! We opened our thoughtful gifts and then went to church. I'm glad Mothers' Day falls on Sunday.



On Saturday Michael and Bill played 18 holes of golf and then Grampa took the kiddies out to his hanger where Mason rode his electric scooter and Ava pushed the doll stroller up and down the taxi way. They did see some heliocopters land which was very fun for them.

The boys love the craft bin and were busy with projects much of the time.


Mothers' Day is a time when I feel extra appreciated as my children and husband are wonderful at remembering this day and expressing their love, but it is also a time for me to remember my two angel mothers, one who gave me life and love during my early impressionable, character forming years and for whom there is still a void in my heart, and the other, who was an expression of Heavenly Father's love for me as he filled the gap the best he good with dear Marge whom I loved from the moment she came into my life. I wonder how my Dad is handling these two women who are so different and yet so wonderful. They are probably giving him a "run for his money!" Love to both my angel mothers!!!!!!!










No comments: