Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Broken Hearts


Well, there is no easy way to say this and I've put it off for some time now.  Michael and Jamie have decided to end their marriage and are in the process of divorce proceedings.  I cannot put in writing my "take" on the situation as I would never want to print anything that their children might read one day that would cause one child to side with one parent against the other.  That just cannot happen.

 I can only say that I believe that a couple must fight for their family, both the husband and the wife,  and that a marriage is more than just two people.   Staying true to temple covenants, forgiving,  and living with the Spirit are imperative in that "fight" to keep a family whole.  When those things are neglected, the adversary moves in where love once was.  And he laughs!  Most sad of all, when a family breaks up, hearts are broken and children feel the effects of a divorce their entire lives.

We have, of course, been very close to Michael, especially through the last 16 months since he discovered that his marriage was in big trouble. It's been a rough go for him and I'm sure for Jamie as well.  I will never forget how Michael described the scene on the night their children were told that their mom and dad were not going to live together any more.  The boys cried inconsolably until they could barely breath.  Michael scooped up six year old Parker and laid down on his bed with him, snuggling with Parker as he loves to do with his Dad.  Tears poured down his cheeks and he would look up at his dad who also had tears streaming down his face, and then snuggle back in... repeated several times until Parker relaxed some.  Honestly, is there any sadder scene? 

So I will stay mute on the hows, whys, and whats.  That is not my story to tell.  But my heart bleeds for my son, and especially for Mason, Parker and Ava who are innocent, precious children so affected by this family breakup.  I hope and pray, every day and night, that they will feel loved and feel peace, and that as the weeks, months and years go by, with major shifts and adjustments for them along the way, that they will feel their Savior's love and the love of all their extended family members who adore them. And, of course, we wish for Michael to find love again, for his broken heart to be mended.



No comments: