Monday, February 04, 2013

Resolutions!

 
Well, here it is...February...and I'm just now putting to words my resolutions for the year.  Nothing earth shattering or even much different from what I am in the habit of doing already, but here they are, in black and white or living color and in no particular order!
 
 
 
Continue serving in the Draper, Utah Temple.
I have truly grown to LOVE the temple and as I have served and tried my very best to carry the Spirit with me as I serve there, I have felt the peace of the Lord and his love for me and all who come there to do his work.  It's hard to put into words, but I feel more like who I really am when I am there.  And as I ask questions in my mind as I serve in the endowment sessions or in initiatory I have learned SO MUCH.  Some answers come during my scripture study and others during the sessions.  It thrills me when my mind is opened to new understanding. 
 I LOVE THE TEMPLE!
 


Keep up the weight bearing exercise and try to do it 5 times a week! 
I have osteoporosis and so there really isn't much choice in this one unless I want my bones to disinegrate!  This year I am trying to change it up a little, instead of doing just the treadmill.  Since the weather has been so horrible and the thought of going outside and driving to the gym just sounds miserable, I have been doing flights of stairs.  50 flights in a row plus a couple more for good measure is what I have been doing, alternating with days of treadmill excercise (45 minutes on steep incline setting.)   In St. George we love to hike or go on power walks up and down the hills in our neighborhood.   I need to put yoga back into the mix as well.  I hope all this time and effort will prove worth it!  My next bone density test will tell the tale.   
 
 
 
Read the Doctrine and Covenants this year.
Bill purchased this book to aid in our understanding of the book and it is worthwhile.  I have also discovered the "Citation Index" which is an app for our IPads and is terrific.  For every verse in the standard works, there is a lists of talks and references to that scripture from Conference talks dating back to 1944 and elsewhere.  Amazing! 
 
 
Appointments made for Mammogram (check), Dermotologist (check), Dentist (thanks, Michael!), Colonoscopy (scheduled for end of Feb, thanks to Marianne), Physical exam (scheduled for end of February, including bone density test), and a meeting with sleep doctor...in case we have sleep apnea (sp?...Bill says I make funny sounds)
 
 
Read at least two classic novels and two church books.
I've already read most of the classics that look interesting to me, but I'll either reread one or pick up a couple of new ones.  And the church books...reading David Bednars and I'll get one of Elder Hollands...he's my favorite speaker/writer.

 
Clean out every drawer/cupboard in my kitchen.
Steph's kitchen was amazing.  Every single drawer or shelf was absolutely perfectly organized.  I came home and got right to work on a drawer in my bathroom and it felt so good to get rid of things, clean it out, and organize it.  The kitchen is next! As mother used to say,
 "A place for everything and everything in its place." 
 
This is "the list" for right now.  I guess it's our responsibility to reassess often and ponder how we are doing.   I should definitely add a goal about being a better wife but I'm not going to push it! 

No comments: