The Swenson sisters, plus our stepsister, Paula West, returned to the Cavalier Condos at Gleneden, Oregon (south of Lincoln City) for another relaxing and refreshing retreat. There wasn't a cloud in the sky which was unusual for an April week in Oregon...or any month for that matter, and walking the beach and trying to get some exercise while also looking for agates and jasper was the highlight of each morning and late afternoon.
I think it was about 3/4 of a mile from our condo to the end of our beach to the south where the surf crashes into the rocks and creates the beauty of the Oregon coast. I loved walking to this outcropping.
Sally and I both found bags of interesting rocks and some beautiful agates. I collected smooth, flat lava rocks, as well, for a rock painting craft at girl's camp this June...and then had to buy a tote bag to get pounds of rocks back home.
Sally and I find that it is still best if we go different directions once we start the serious agate hunting. The competitive spirit to find the best agate "rears it's ugly head" when we are in too close a proximity to each other. But the bantering and friendly competition is part of the fun!
Prize agate finds this year!!! Gorgeous!!!!!
The Beach Fairy was very active this year leaving gifts on our pillows each day (Postum, Lindt chocolates, post-its, blingy soda glasses, bath wash and lotions, tote bags, magnets, pens...probably forgetting something.) She (all of us) was very creative and generous this year. Very fun!
We ate out at our favorite restaurant, The Tidal Rave, a couple of times, and the Mazatlan Mexican restaurant where I had the veggie burrito that I have dreamed about since having it several years before, Paula treated us to a home cooked filet mignon dinner one night, and we each made a meal for all. Games of Bananagrams and Quiddler, and trips to the outlet mall or specialty stores were daily...fun shopping for earrings with Sally.
I forgot to mention that we (Paula, Nancy and I) flew into Portland a day early (Sally drove down from Auburn as well) and enjoyed staying at Lorle's. Her home is filled with memories and it is always lovely to be there. We went to her ward and then headed to the coast...one of the prettiest drives in the world. Lorle and Sally chauffeured us to the beach and we all appreciated their careful driving for the week. It was a wonderful week...couldn't have been more beautiful and relaxing (a nice recoup from my appendectomy!). I love being with my sisters!

1 comment:
I also love the Oregon beaches. Lots of good memories there. Thanks for sharing your family time. I enjoy checking your blog when I can.
Nice to know you are recovering well.
Post a Comment