Friday, September 15, 2006

Gaslight Festival Parade



Sophie was in the J-town Gaslight Festival parade last night with her little dance group. She was quite nervous when I had to drop her off at the start of the parade, but as soon as her group came around the corner, it was obvious her nerves had completely calmed down. She was smiling from ear to ear and waving her hand gracefully like a beauty queen-totally eating it up. It's one of those moments when you as parents look at each other and are completely tickled. We were laughing so hard that you almost want to cry. Fortunately Ryan was able to see Sophie in the parade just before running to catch a flight to Baltimore (thank you for helping out Mike!). I had to weave through all of the closed roads to get to the end of the parade (hauling the kids) just in time to meet Sophie and pick her up. Tyler was quite upset that we missed the majority of the parade. All in all, Sophie loved it though and wants to know when she gets to be in the next parade!

3 comments:

Trudy said...

Hi Sophie! What fun to be in a parade! And you were the first one on the float! You looked so pretty! I rode on a float once, but I was a little older than you. I was 18 years old and a Rose Festival Princess. I'll show you the picture of riding the float when you come for Christmas. Can't wait to see you in a few days. I love you, Gramma xoxox

Anonymous said...

I can picture her totally with the elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist, wave!! So cute. I need to call you Julie- David passed on the message. We'll chat tomorrow! Love ya!

Julie said...

Steph, glad to hear you haven't completely gotten rid of the Kentucky lingo! You definately nailed the spot of the photo. We would love to have you out here anytime!