Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hiking to Sunset Peak

What  an amazing hike we took today! My friends, Julie and Dorothy and I climbed up to Catherine's Pass for our first gasp of joy at the beauty of these mountains. The flowers along the way in the Albion Basin were breathtaking as were the views around every turn!
Since we made it this far in one piece we decided to continue on to Sunset Peak (10,628 feet!) where we were told we could see a complete 360 degrees....from Timpanogos (Nebo afar off) down to Heber, Brighton, Alta........it was so absolutely amazing! And we were quite proud of ourselves that we actually did it!

I believe that is Timpanogas in the far distance.  A nice couple from Dallas was atop the peak with us for a time and took our pictures. As Texas is flat, they were astounded at the view from this spot! It was glorious!

The Heber Valley is in the distance from this vantage point.


Sometimes a person can't just stand still for a picture. It was truly beautiful!

Coming back down the trail, and the flowers still took our breath! Well, I hope my friends can get out of bed in the morning....I hope I can get out of bed in the morning. It was a FABULOUS day! Where shall we go next?

No comments: