Thursday, April 14, 2011

Forever Friends


Regretfully, I forgot to take my camera with me today as my good friend, Marsha Winget, and I caught up with each other while picking on yummy salads at Rumbis. When a friend is a true bosom buddy as she is, the years melted away and we shared the feelings in our hearts as if we had talked yesterday. Marsha and I were instant friends when we first moved into this neighborhood in 1979. Our ward was quickly divided and she and I were both the Primary presidents. We "cruised" together with our husbands, and sang in "Just Ten" together. Our sons, Adam and Jeremy played baseball together when they were 10-12 years old and the games were always more fun for me because Marsha was there in the bleachers. And one of our favorite memories is of going to Oakland with the team after they won the state championship. We had such a great time. Well, she is a very special friend. They moved out of the stake and Just Ten retired, so as is sadly the case so often, we lost touch. Her son, Jeremy, died 3 years ago and I had not seen her since his funeral...which is sad to even put into print. So a good visit was way past due! I always learn so much from her. She is so full of faith and perspective. She has the gift to express herself so beautifully (may have to do with her being Elder Paul Dunn's daughter) so she is always able to express what I feel but can't put into words so well as she.


This has been a good year for renewing friendships... A lunch with BYU roommates Shari Clayton Fullmer and Nora Mumford Moulder, a wonderful phone visit with my bosom buddy and high school friend, Jacque Hodges Munns and now today, a lunch with my forever friend, Marsha Dunn Winget. These reunions are a little piece of heaven!

No comments: