Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Fun

Mindy's family comes to Utah for a day at Lagoon each summer. Unfortunately, each year I feel less and less like going to Lagoon as the spins, drops, jerks, noise and strange crowds are not so enjoyable as they used to be. This year I ended with the Samurai ride and was nauseous the entire drive home. My innards are just not what they used to be! We do love to be with the kiddies for the day and that is the big draw for me. They had a great time and I eventually recovered!
Saturday was busy with swimming at Dimple Dell Rec Center, playing four square in the backyard with a competitive Gramma, and baseball in the field, dominoes, rides in Grampa's Corvette and going out for ice cream.
Sunday morning, David and Grampa took Sadie and Miles to the Spoken Word (the others were too young to go) and then we went to church, had a BBQ in the backyard, and visited the Salt Lake Temple granite quarry. (It says there that the stone is not really granite, but quartz monzonite....never heard of that...I'll still call it granite. The nature trail around the area was beautiful and perfect for a few photos.
What a fun-filled weekend! Sure love this wonderful little family!

No comments: