Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Bombs Bursting in Air!

We had a very pleasant 4th of July right here in our own neighborhood. Our friends, the Kenners, invited us over for a barbequed ribs dinner...very yummy...and then after dark we were headed back to their home for fireworks. They were not outside yet, so we kept on going down to Siesta Drive and..Oh, my! Half of the neighborhood was down there lined up thick on both sides of the street...parade style...for the fireworks display provided mostly by Lonnie Eliason. He goes a little nuts every year, but this year with most bans on fireworks lifted, he went all out. This "explosion" was not his, but there were hundreds that lit up the sky in a very similar way. We were the last to leave the street as we visited with the Perrins on their porch for quite awhile. Great friends...all of them!
Earlier in the day I was manicuring the backyard and thought how pretty it was looking, so I snapped a few pics. The day was cloudy and much cooler then forecasted....fantastic!

The night before (July 3) I returned from a wonderful few days in Boise where the entire family was gathered, minus Bill who was buried in financial problems. So on July 4th I wasn't feeling too lonely for family as is often the case on holidays when we are here alone. It was a relaxing, wonderful day and once again, I reflected on how grateful and blessed I am to live here in the US of A! Happy Birthday, America!

No comments: