Knowing that I would not see the Johnson family at Thanksgiving, I realized that there would be no time with them from July 4th to Christmas.....UNEXCEPTABLE! So I quickly cancelled my plans to go on a quilt group retreat to Bear Lake and packed my car for Boise. It was a short visit (Wed - Sat) but it was so fun to be with this darling family and to have quick visits with all the Boise families.
I pulled out the Halloween sucker molds that must be 20+ years old, bought some orange, white and black "candy melts" and stepped into the time capsule of making suckers with the next generation. Still a fun activity.
Thursday night we went to the Boise Temple open house which for me was the highlight of the trip. This temple is SO BEAUTIFUL! Tears came to my eyes just walking into the entranceway, it's amazing. Part of the emotion came from my growing love for the temple and temple work, part from being there with grandchildren, and part from a tender heart thinking of Michael and his family situation. The temple is the most peaceful place on earth. And how we can all use more peace in our lives!
Friday the whole Boise family went to dinner and a movie, and Mason stayed over for a fun cousin sleep-over We finished making our luminaries which you can see in the picture...a very fun and cute Halloween craft. I loved being with Mindy...we have fun just going to the grocery store, but we also had fun making Sadie a peacock costume, picking out pumpkins with the kids, and having lunch with Steph and Abby. Short, but sweet visits ARE very sweet!
The drive home went fine as I ate Chicago style popcorn like a bandit and sang along to my upbeat I Tune songs the whole way. Boise was ablaze with fall color and so is our valley. Our flowering pear tree in the backyard was a nice welcome home gift! Next trip....Halloween in Henderson with Ryan's family!
No comments:
Post a Comment