Sunday, February 18, 2007

Back Pain!!


Dad did it again! He forgot that he is nearing the extreme upper end of "middle age" and tweaked his back helping his buddy, Brad, lift a gas pump. He's is pretty bad shape. It was so sad to see him struggle to get dressed this morning for church (his lips white with pain), help him hobble out the door, and then to see him struggle to the podium to conduct the meeting...well, it brought tears to my eyes! Even as I write this he is cramping, freezing up, and crying out in pain! We know he has a low pain threshold, but he has me convinced that he's really hurt. With a golf trip a few days away, I do feel bad for him! However, last night as I was wrapping him up in the heating pad, putting a pillow between his legs and trying to help him get comfortable, I couldn't resist quoting something that Bill said to me 34 years ago in the labor room, "At least you have pain to keep you awake!" Poor Dad. He just said, "I'm a mess."

ps So has anyone heard of the American Idol takeoff show, Grease..You've the One that I Want?" Dad just found it...kind of fun from what I can hear in the kitchen. Love to everyone.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I was waiting to see the pic you were going to post after talking to Dad on the phone! Poor Dad! We are feeling for you around here. You and Ryan could be two peas in a pod as Ryan injured his ribs playing basketball two weeks ago and is still moaning in pain. You could make quite a chorus! I hope the doctor appointment tomorrow helps!

Anonymous said...

Oh Dad. I wince in pain just reading about it. I truely know your pain and agony. Has mom helped you to the toilet yet, or lifted you into the tub? Pleasant memories. If you want David to call in a little "pill friend" let us know. I'm so sorry.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

Oh no- that's terrible! I can't believe you hurt it so bad! I'm so sorry! Which is worse....hurting your back or missing the golf trip??
I hope you get feeling better soon!!