
Here’s some pictures from the Johnson family reunion at the Paradise Point Camp (Payette Lake) we just got back from. Very cold and rainy this year. It sure makes you appreciate the sun more when it gets to peek out from behind clouds every few minutes. My shivering thigh muscles and purple lips should how much I LOVE the cold! Yuck! The kids were covered in dirt- they loved it and I loved watching them have none-stop fun for 4 days. Once again, David and I are such opposites…..the dirt got to him and he kept sweeping out our hut, yet he would sleep like a log in the 39 degree freezing night weather!The big event was being told to evacuate the camp at 1am during a bad storm because there was a fire on the mountain due to lightening. The fire had moved from 2.5 miles away to 1 mile away quickly and so they woke us up, gathered us in the main building, and asked us to wait there to be ready to leave at a moments notice. When faced the emergency, the first thing I was concerned about was of course my family’s safety….the next thing was my camera, whose chip had our family history on it since April!!! Luckily the lightening struck in the same place it had a few years ago so there wasn’t much for the fire to feed on. The firefighters held the fire and thankfully we were all ok and able to finish the trip.
I’m still recovering from no sleep for three nights, so it’s taken me a while to come up for air. This is our last week together before school starts. I’m really looking forward to school, but boy will I miss that good ‘ol summer heat!

2 comments:
What a trip you all had! Adventures like that are what make great memories though. I must admit that I am coveting the cold weather right now. I am sure I will be eating my words in another couple of months-but this Kentucky heat and humidity are getting to me. It looks like the kids had a blast! Love, Julie
I'm sitting upstairs in my own house and it's 85 degrees! By the time the upstairs cools down, I'm ready to go downstairs So I'm very much looking forward to the fall and cooler temps. October is my favorite month! Loved the pictures!
Post a Comment