Sunday, August 20, 2006

Iron Man Adam

Adam participated in his first mini triathlon and did a fantastic job. As the kids and I drove downtown to where it was being held, the girls discussed how their dad was going to be the winner. Seeing as it was his first competition, I told the girls that daddy may not win but that he will do the very best job he can and it will be a whole bunch of fun. Hannah then said, "Mom, even if daddy doesn't come in first, he is still first to me." Thanks to a little hard work and having such great cheerleaders, he did come in 11th place in his age group... not too bad!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Adam, I must say that I am way impressed! 11th place! I am sure that it took a lot of hard work and determination.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised the other day when out of the blue Ryan told me (for about the 30th time in our married life) that he is going to really begin to work out. I actually thought he trying to give me a hint that it is time to start working on my "baby belly." But now it is clear that he is worried that his older brother is going to live longer than him due to good health. So thanks for the inspiration! (Check back in two weeks for an update on Ryan!)-Julie

Trudy said...

Thanks for the post, Steph. I guess you never get too old for your mom to be proud!! That was quite an undertaking...especially when Dad and I came to town and squelched the training. Great picture of Adam and his adoring daughters!