Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Hit Me, Baby, One More Time"

Sophie began her first official day of Kindergarten today. When I looked at the pictures of Sophie in her uniform, I couldn't help thinking, "Oh, no... look out Brittany Spears!"- (thankfully Sophie's uniform is quite a bit more modest than Brittany's). She goes to school from 9am - 3:45pm, and I am already missing her and anxious to hear how her day is and if she likes her teacher. It is a hard thing watching your child take that step into the world where she is out of my care the majority of her awake hours. It makes me realize that I really need to make her "at home" time count.

1 comment:

Trudy said...

Sophie looks so grown-up in her uniform! And I LOVE the pose! (Please email this picture so I can make a copy.) It's a very emotional moment when #1 goes off to school. Didn't she seem older today than she did yesterday?! She'll love school and do great! I love you, Sophie!