
The first day of school! Sadie was so excited to go and to put on her new outfit that was so meticulously laid out next to her bed. We rode bikes together to the school and she thought she was so cool to go on a special bike ride just with mom. We left 20 minutes before the school bell and I had her to her classroom door right as the bell was ringing. A bit of a commute for a 1st grader! When the teacher came to the door to welcome Sadie, she just marched right in ready to go, not even looking back. She was ready! Miles wanted to ride back to the school with me to pick her up at the end of the day (also a LONG ride for another little person). It just melted my heart, as I was standing at our meeting spot looking for her, to see her come out with such a happy look on her face and a skip in her step. When I asked her how her day went with a big hug she said, “It was really great!” More than anything, she was excited to tell me that she has THREE recesses! Thank heavens she didn’t eat all of her lunch when she was suppose to- she and Miles needed the extra food and energy as a snack during a “pit-stop” on our way home. What a day…I look forward to Miles’ first day next week- he’s so excited to see his school playmates again!
3 comments:
OK, just as I was starting to feel somewhat fine about Sophie's uniforms-I see these darling photos of Sadie and the other Shipp girls in their cute "first day of school" outfits-and they are wearing sandals and flip-flops!
Sadie-you look so cute and you are such a big first-grader! I hope you had a great first day of school. Kudos to Sadie also for making that long trip on bike! Very impressive. Love and miss you! Julie
Hey Sadie...I'm so happy you had a great first day! How did you and your cousins get to be so grown-up already? I hope you make some special friends this year. I am still friends with my best friend in first grade! See you soon, Love, Gramma
It has been too long since we've seen you guys! Sadie, you are so grown up! Very cute outfit!!! We miss you guys!
Jamie
Post a Comment