Friday, July 07, 2006

4th of July on Payette Lake


Since everyone is posting pictures of what they did for the 4th, I'll put the only one of mine on. Thank you to the Kentucky crew for posting pictures of their celebration--it's always fun to see how you celebrated-- you are all looking so cute (adults included.) We went up and stayed at David's sister's cabin on the lake at McCall. I think most of you have seen it. What a place. We had a whole wing to ourselves. It's just beautiful and the view is amazing. David learned how to "surf"- kind of like a wakeboard, but with no boots for your feet. You have 10 feet of rope and "ride the wave" of the wake right behind the boat. At a point, he could let go of the rope and surf for 10-15 seconds, staying with the wave. Cool. I didn't ski- my back has been hurting lately---I'm feeling old. Being in that cold water sure makes me excited for Lake Powell---yahoooo! Sure love you guys and miss you!

No comments: