Sunday, July 16, 2006

Ryan's Golf Relief Fund


OK, so here's a little story. Ryan had to work in Cincinnatti on Saturday. He also had been invited to play a round of golf at Valhalla that afternoon(Ryan has been dying to play there ever since he went to the PGA Championship that was played there 6 years ago-it's private, so you have to have the invite). He was soooooo excited. Anyway, Ryan was planning to leave our home at 6am on Saturday morning, and since our dear daughter is an extremely light sleeper he decided to load his golf clubs into the Explorer on Friday night so he wouldn't wake her up when he left.

Fast forward to 6am Saturday morning. A shocked Ryan enters our bedroom and I hear, "somebody broke into our car and stole my clubs," as he is picking up the phone and dialing 911.

"Am I dreaming?" I was thinking while trying to become fully alert. By the time the cop arrived, Sophie and I were standing outside at 6:10 with a bewildered Ryan looking at the bashed in window of the Explorer. So yes, it is true-the clubs are history. Thankfully they didn't take his brand new golf shoes, hat, and shorts. And even more thankfully, they didn't take any of the Endo equipment that Ryan had in the back. The police officer told us that there were five other cars in our neighborhood that were hit. Probably some punk kids!

We have someone coming to repair the window tomorrow (I got to drive it to church today for my ward council meeting...I was feeling pretty "gangsta"). We're hoping to get some help from home owners, but our deductible is pretty high. Now, I am not sure who is to blame for teaching Ryan that having golf clubs is not a want, it's a NEED! My solution is simple, wait to replace when we actually have an INCOME! (I know, I didn't get very far with that one). I did share in Relief Society today that I believe it is a bit of a "tender mercy" that Ryan won't be able to golf for at least a little while when we have the baby!

We are currently accepting donations for Ryan's Golf Relief Fund. We will accept cash, check or money order. Hope the rest of ya'll are doing well. And let this be a lesson learned for all!

Love, Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My jaw is hanging down so far it is resting on the computer desk! I am sooooo sorry! That is horrible. There is a yucky sick feeling that comes along with being stolen from and I am so sorry you had to experience this! Love you! Mindy