
Today Steph had invited us over to go swimming at their clubhouse. Our kids were so excited to see their cousins and swim! On the way there, Sadie clarified over and over where we were swimming because she didn't remember a pool in their backyard. Over and over I told her we were going to their clubhouse which was close by their house. We had a great time. Steph made a yummy lunch for us all, and four hours later, we packed up and headed home. Halfway up Eagle Road, Sadie began to cry and yelled, "You lied to me!!!!" I asked,"No I didn't, honey. What do you think I lied to you about?" She said, "You said we were going to their clubhouse!" I said, "That was the clubhouse." She said, "No it wasn't! That wasn't a clubhouse. There wasn't any wood!!!!" Ahhhhhh....Now I got it. It wasn't exactly the clubhouse Sadie had envisioned in her mind, and where was Spanky, Froggy, Buckwheat, Butch, Alfalfa and the rest of the Little Rascal gang? Clubhouse, or no clubhouse, we had a great time! Thanks Steph!
No comments:
Post a Comment